Friday, August 24, 2012

A Little Bit About Myself..

Like many of you I was born a baby, but not like most of you it was on December 7th 1986. My mother named me Jessie after a relative who had highly affected her childhood; but do not be fooled, I am actually a guy. I grew up in rural Mississippi in a town named Star, located just east of Jackson. I attended First Presbyterian Day School in Jackson, MS until grade 6 and then moved to Dallas, TX and was introduced to the real world. I owe a great deal to Dallas and the neighboring communities for teaching me about the world during the year I spent there. After that time I moved back to Madison, MS which is directly on the other side of Jackson from Star. As you can probably guess the lifestyle is a direct reflection of geography.

I went to high school at Madison Central and enjoyed my time there among the sea of upper class descendants. I have played soccer since I was a small boy so with that developmental edge I was lucky enough to represent many institutions through that game. Although, as graduation crept closer I decided I would not pursue the sport, but instead join the military. I served six years in the Armed Forces and now I am pursuing a degree in Elementary Education and plan to finish at the University of South Alabama. While I am not at work or at school I enjoy physical fitness activities such as running, cycling, and hitting the gym. Since I fell in love with running, I have completed several marathons and I hope to begin training for and attending triathlons on a competitive level.

I basically live outside. Nature is full of wonder and endless possibilities therefore I plan on breathing in as much beauty as I can before I get too old to do it. I am 25 and I can feel it creeping up on me, it’s horrible. As a final note, I’m excited about this class and hope I earn an “A”.


Randy Pausch's Lecture on Time Management

Wow. Definitely was not what I was expecting when I watched this lecture at 7 am this morning. The lecture itself was packed with valuable information that I "plan" on implementing into a part of my lifestyle. I have heard that cliche' time and time again about failing to plan, but watching a man slowly deteriorate in front of you, but have the same energy for life is a great motivation.

I went on to watch a couple more lectures he had given including his Last Lecture given to Carnegie Mellon. I was almost mesmerized by his can-do attitude and his spirit to provide something like that for his children. Indeed, he was a remarkable individual.

2 comments:

  1. This assignment was complete and done in one post dividing the subheadings with line breaks and bold subheadings. The biography and the lesson learned from Randy Pausch's lecture was well written and clearly stated. Research and reflection on Pausch made the second part of the post more interesting. Even though spelling was correct throughout the post, there were a few mistakes in grammar. Overall, the post was well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie,
    You have probably the most out-of-the-ordinary "About Me" post I have read in a while. Also, if I read that correctly, I see you hope to earn an "A". With that goal in mind, I'm thinking you should have posted Blog Post #2 on time. You're actually a good writer, you just need to turn things in on time. Just a little friendly advice from the lab.
    Carly Pugh

    ReplyDelete