Sunday, October 7, 2012

Comments For Kids in September

Comment for Kids 1.1

Nyree's storyThe first comment for kid assignment I had this month was from a young lady named Nyree; coming all the way from New Zealand.  She wrote a fantastic story that was very impressed by being such a young student.  The  story was about a diver who then jumped into the deep blue sea to find some treasure.  He faced many obstacles including dark water, an octopus, and coral, but at the end of these obstacles what Ben finds is a shiny treasure.  She wrote of the battle between the octopus and Ben and how he defeated this mighty octopus.  I left a comment saying who I was and commenting all the way from Mobile Alabama.  I congradulated her on her exemplary writing skills and excellent use of imagery.  Her grammar was also quite refined.



Comment for Kids 1.2


The second comment for the month of September comes from a student named Reilly from New York.  In his blog post Reilly had wrote a poem named Morning Greetings.  His poem is full of wonderful imagery as well as complex words and sentences.  He talks of walking into the garden and opening the gate and the smells and sites and things he hears as he enjoys the garden in the morning.  At one point he described water dripping from the rain pipes splashing into a barrel, and for being at such a young age he describes it's so vividly that it's almost written by Hemingway.  With every sentence Reilly brings out a new sensory that is evident throughout the entire poem.  In my comment I just let Riley know that I am a student at the University of South Alabama and assigned to leave constructive comments.  I told him that he painted a beautiful picture with every line in this poem.  I encouraged him to keep up the great work and that I hope he writes many more poems even better than this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment